This video, from a members-only call we hosted on July 1, 2021, discusses amendments proposed to the Consumer Protection Rules, 2020, and the impact of these rules going ahead.
What we’ve covered:
- Labelling and display criteria for imported goods
- Establishment of a grievance redressal mechanism
- Data disclosure for cross-selling
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Nodal contact person
- Resident Grievance Officer
- Ban on flash sales
- Fall-back liability
- Changes to address abuse of market power
- FDI-related changes
- Defining related parties and associated enterprises
- What’s a marketplace e-commerce model?
- What’s an inventory-based e-commerce model?
- What is an e-commerce entity?
- Changes to address preference to certain sellers
- The potential impact of proposed changes
- What have stakeholders been saying?
The presentation deck may be downloaded here.
Thank you for your support, if you’ve found our work useful in some way, please do consider encouraging your colleagues to subscribe to MediaNama.
For organisations, our group subscription options are available here